We make sure to buy products from local companies to sell in store like Chaser’s Juice company. Find their fresh juices daily at the end of the produce isle near the deli.
We believe in “buy local, shop local.” Just like the giant sign that hangs in the entrance.
Chaser’s juices are the best – made fresh, no additives or water. Check our social media for upcoming tastings.
Kids love making toys but not eating their veggies. Well how about assembling a veggie train like this.
Each station can have their favorite dip.
We recommend an adult do all the cutting and leave the assembling to kids.
The train carts are halves of peppers with seeds removed. Each cart can have any kind of veggie seen in the picture. Carrots, broccoli, cucumber sticks, sliced peppers, beans, cauliflower and more. The wheels are slices of cucumbers pinned in – make sure to remove before eating.
Next – try a fruit train using scooped out small watermelon halves or big apples. Fill with your favorite fruits!
Want to make a grilled sandwich with perfectly melted cheese, crispy and toasty on the outside? Here are some tips from the Super Valu kitchen
- Choose fresh bread that is wide and medium sliced
- One side use shredded cheese like a marble mix
- Slice vegetables thin– here we use salt and peppered tomato, onions and a bit of spinach
- On the other side, under the veggies is more cheese but not just any kind of cheese – raclette cheese – because it was made to melt gooey and is delicious
- Use butter or light mayo on the outsides of the sandwich before pan frying to golden perfection. Make sure the pan is nice and medium hot to avoid burning
- Cut into half or 4 squares for perfect dipping in your favorite soup
What are some of the best places to picnic in Vancouver? Here is a great article on the TOP 5 PICNIC SPOTS IN THE CITY
CONTEST: Enter to win this picnic basket and gift cards to Super Valu this month. Simply go to our facebook, twitter and instagram and follow the instructions – you can enter up to 3 times. And don’t forget to tell us about your favourite picnic spots.
Sunday July 10th – 9am to 11am
Sunday July 24th -9am to 11am
Join us in store on your way to a picnic, hike or any outdoor adventure – buy any ready to go food items in store like:
-sandwiches and salads
-fruit and veggie platters
-fresh juices and refreshments
and you get a chance to SPIN AND WIN for prizes!
*conditions apply, purchase required.