We make sure to buy products from local companies to sell in store like Chaser’s Juice company. Find their fresh juices daily at the end of the produce isle near the deli.
We believe in “buy local, shop local.” Just like the giant sign that hangs in the entrance.
Chaser’s juices are the best – made fresh, no additives or water. Check our social media for upcoming tastings.
Kids love making toys but not eating their veggies. Well how about assembling a veggie train like this.
Each station can have their favorite dip.
We recommend an adult do all the cutting and leave the assembling to kids.
The train carts are halves of peppers with seeds removed. Each cart can have any kind of veggie seen in the picture. Carrots, broccoli, cucumber sticks, sliced peppers, beans, cauliflower and more. The wheels are slices of cucumbers pinned in – make sure to remove before eating.
Next – try a fruit train using scooped out small watermelon halves or big apples. Fill with your favorite fruits!
Want to make a grilled sandwich with perfectly melted cheese, crispy and toasty on the outside? Here are some tips from the Super Valu kitchen
- Choose fresh bread that is wide and medium sliced
- One side use shredded cheese like a marble mix
- Slice vegetables thin– here we use salt and peppered tomato, onions and a bit of spinach
- On the other side, under the veggies is more cheese but not just any kind of cheese – raclette cheese – because it was made to melt gooey and is delicious
- Use butter or light mayo on the outsides of the sandwich before pan frying to golden perfection. Make sure the pan is nice and medium hot to avoid burning
- Cut into half or 4 squares for perfect dipping in your favorite soup
Full weekly flyer, deals and in house event information can be found on our social media – facebook, twitter and instagram
Or click on this- www.shopeasy.ca
Did you know we provide free delivery for seniors who shop with us on Wednesdays. Come in store, stock up and tell us where to deliver it. 1st Avenue & Commercial Drive – we are open 24 hours.
This month is all about packing for outdoor adventures and we love to picnic.
What are some of the best places to picnic in Vancouver? Here is a great article on the TOP 5 PICNIC SPOTS IN THE CITY
CONTEST: Enter to win this picnic basket and gift cards to Super Valu this month. Simply go to our facebook, twitter and instagram and follow the instructions – you can enter up to 3 times. And don’t forget to tell us about your favourite picnic spots.
IN STORE EVENTS:
Sunday July 10th – 9am to 11am
Sunday July 24th -9am to 11am
Join us in store on your way to a picnic, hike or any outdoor adventure – buy any ready to go food items in store like:
-sandwiches and salads
-fruit and veggie platters
-fresh juices and refreshments
and you get a chance to SPIN AND WIN for prizes!
*conditions apply, purchase required.
Butter Chicken is one of the most popular and best known Indian dishes around the world. But it has two problems – it takes an hour or more to make and isn’t very healthy.
PROBLEM SOLVED! Here is the easiest way to make butter chicken in a healthy recipe.
I was making some soup and decided to add a few ingredients – the result was a great tasting butter chicken in about 15 minutes and more than half the calories. It all started with a box of great soup.
– 1 box of roasted red tomato soup (serves 2 to 3)
– add 1.5 tspn of curry powder or masala
– take half a tspn of fennel seeds and 2 to 3 cloves – grind into powder form and add to soup
– add parsley – finely chopped
– add green onion – finely chopped
– quarter cup cream or to taste
– stir and cook for 10 minutes or simmer for 15 minutes
– add cooked chicken -cubed or shredded or pour over chicken breast and bake at 450 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes.
– serve with cooked rice and naan bread
I added vegetable flavoured crackers and tofu for a vegetarian dish. Recommend adding veggies too.
(ingredients can be altered to taste and different spice levels)
All ingredients – soup, spices, veggies and cooked chicken available at Super Valu on 1st Avenue and Commerical Drive – open 24/7
Trying to cut the carbs out of your salads. Love croutons? Here are 2 great healthy alternatives that also taste great and let you keep the crunch in your salads. The crackers crumbled up offer spicy kick and the sprinkles are a great source of essential nutrients your body needs including flu fighting foods like garlic.
The crackers are in store now and we are trying to get the line of natural food energy mix from www.raenergeryfoods.com
Processed with MOLDIV