Back to school means stocking up and getting organized for the start of a busy school and work year. We are here to help – two full pages of buy more, save more deals and all the essentials you need to make breakfast easy, lunches healthy and dinners delicious. Remember we are open 24/7 so you can shop when it fits your schedule and a sale is always on.
Don’t forget to enter out Selfies at Super Valu contest and win $500 in groceries – no better way to start September off better than that.
Summer continues with another flyer packed with sizzling deals – 2 full pages of No Name Products on sale, everything you need for the BBQ and $2, $3 and $4 deals too. Follow us on facebook or twitter for more secret deals, contests and ways to win your groceries for free!
It’s picnic season and we have great foods to fill your picnic basket:
1. Fresh pastries from our bakery department includes a huge selection of breads, cookies, muffins, pies, cakes and more.
2. Ready made foods like subs, sandwiches, samosas and more.
3. Ready made salads that are actually fresh because we have an in house deli and a strict rule to keep things fresh. And just because our deli hand makes fresh, delicious ready to eat foods doesn’t mean you pay a huge price. Dressing on the side too. Yes these pictures and prices are from 2015.
4. You can also custom order sandwiches and platters of fruit and veggies. Individual sized or for a party of 30 or more.
Call us at 604-254-1214 and place your order with the deli department.
5. We also have fresh whole or half roasted chicken – no need to cook or BBQ. Just take, pack it the picnic basket and hit your local park or beach for a great day.
6. Summer fruits like pineapple and watermelon available in ready cut half pieces.
7. Snacks – add some great snacks like fresh in house made popcorn or world class chocolates too. We have also have a massive selection of refreshments from fresh pressed juices to flavoured coconut water or this summer’s hit – watermelon juice.
Here’s to the summer and great times outdoors made easy.
Drop by anytime, we are open 24/7. Located at the corner of 1st Ave. & Commercial Drive, Vancouver BC
Finally it is summer time and appetites change from hot comfort foods from the cold months to refreshing fruits and vegetables. So instead of reaching for your usual boring salad, add a few other ingredients and spruce things up. Here’s a couple of ideas:
1. Caesar salad – start with the classic and typical items. Then add shredded or small pieces of cauliflower, sliced almonds and some olives and feta to the typical romaine leaves, croutons and dressing.
The extra ingredients actually make the salad creamier and crisp if eating later on in the day.
2. Fruity meets spinach. Many people don’t even like the taste of spinach especially kids.
So what do you do? Pass on spinach? No you dress it up!
This is when you can add fruits like oranges, strawberries or any kind of summer berry plus cubed avocadoes and even thinly sliced purple onion. The more flavours, the merrier. A handful of nuts and cranberries or your choice of meet is the perfect way to turn just a salad into a full meal deal.
TIP – cut up all the ingredients and set up a make your own salad bar at home. Or get everyone to pitch in a few bucks, pick up all the ingredients and everyone has a healthy lunch for less.
Why boil a few eggs tonight? It will make breakfast and lunch easier during the week – in a sandwich, wrap or on a salad….even in soup! Boil a bunch of eggs, cool down, crack and peel – place in a bowl and in the fridge. You’ll be glad you did!
Conveniently located on 1st avenue and Commercial Drive with 45 minutes of free underground parking. On your way in or out of downtown Vancouver, drop by for the freshest produce, meats, frozen foods, dairy, flowers and household items. Newly renovated with helpful staff and isles of the best products and a wide variety. Locally made foods to trusted names like President’s Choice products. Weekly deals, lottery tickets and more. WATCH THIS WEEK’S FLYER VIDEO HERE..