1. Fresh pastries from our bakery department includes a huge selection of breads, cookies, muffins, pies, cakes and more.
3. Ready made salads that are actually fresh because we have an in house deli and a strict rule to keep things fresh. And just because our deli hand makes fresh, delicious ready to eat foods doesn’t mean you pay a huge price. Dressing on the side too. Yes these pictures and prices are from 2015.
Call us at 604-254-1214 and place your order with the deli department.
5. We also have fresh whole or half roasted chicken – no need to cook or BBQ. Just take, pack it the picnic basket and hit your local park or beach for a great day.
7. Snacks – add some great snacks like fresh in house made popcorn or world class chocolates too. We have also have a massive selection of refreshments from fresh pressed juices to flavoured coconut water or this summer’s hit – watermelon juice.
Here’s to the summer and great times outdoors made easy.
Drop by anytime, we are open 24/7. Located at the corner of 1st Ave. & Commercial Drive, Vancouver BC
Finally it is summer time and appetites change from hot comfort foods from the cold months to refreshing fruits and vegetables. So instead of reaching for your usual boring salad, add a few other ingredients and spruce things up. Here’s a couple of ideas:
1. Caesar salad – start with the classic and typical items. Then add shredded or small pieces of cauliflower, sliced almonds and some olives and feta to the typical romaine leaves, croutons and dressing.
The extra ingredients actually make the salad creamier and crisp if eating later on in the day.
2. Fruity meets spinach. Many people don’t even like the taste of spinach especially kids.
So what do you do? Pass on spinach? No you dress it up!
This is when you can add fruits like oranges, strawberries or any kind of summer berry plus cubed avocadoes and even thinly sliced purple onion. The more flavours, the merrier. A handful of nuts and cranberries or your choice of meet is the perfect way to turn just a salad into a full meal deal.
TIP – cut up all the ingredients and set up a make your own salad bar at home. Or get everyone to pitch in a few bucks, pick up all the ingredients and everyone has a healthy lunch for less.
Why boil a few eggs tonight? It will make breakfast and lunch easier during the week – in a sandwich, wrap or on a salad….even in soup! Boil a bunch of eggs, cool down, crack and peel – place in a bowl and in the fridge. You’ll be glad you did!
This week we are having a big sale on Italian flavours (see flyer here for details)
Here is a great recipe for a great pasta night.
Vegetarian, vegan or meat options as you please.
– pasta (any kind)
– 1 jar of Classico sauce (any kind)
– onion, garlic
– salt, pepper, Italian seasoning and curry powder to taste (we used less than half a tblspn for each)
– Kraft Caesar salad dressing (as much as you want to make the sauce rose)
Cook the pasta separate for 11 minutes and mix onion, garlic, seasonings for 10 minutes. Add sauce and dressing.
That’s it! Simple, super delicious, cost effective and all ingredients now on sale.
Add veggies or meat as you wish.
Images of the online article:
Images of article from newspaper on stands:
Check out these great ways to use cauliflower to reduce carbs.
Grilled cheese sandwiches to great snack ideas.
Cauliflower is always fresh and often on sale in our store too. Stock up.
(video courtesy of buzzfeed.com)
Conveniently located on 1st avenue and Commercial Drive with 45 minutes of free underground parking. On your way in or out of downtown Vancouver, drop by for the freshest produce, meats, frozen foods, dairy, flowers and household items. Newly renovated with helpful staff and isles of the best products and a wide variety. Locally made foods to trusted names like President’s Choice products. Weekly deals, lottery tickets and more. WATCH THIS WEEK’S FLYER VIDEO HERE..