CONTEST: Enter to win this picnic basket and gift cards to Super Valu this month. Simply go to our facebook, twitter and instagram and follow the instructions – you can enter up to 3 times. And don’t forget to tell us about your favourite picnic spots.
IN STORE EVENTS:
Sunday July 10th – 9am to 11am
Sunday July 24th -9am to 11am
Join us in store on your way to a picnic, hike or any outdoor adventure – buy any ready to go food items in store like:
Butter Chicken is one of the most popular and best known Indian dishes around the world. But it has two problems – it takes an hour or more to make and isn’t very healthy.
PROBLEM SOLVED! Here is the easiest way to make butter chicken in a healthy recipe.
I was making some soup and decided to add a few ingredients – the result was a great tasting butter chicken in about 15 minutes and more than half the calories. It all started with a box of great soup.
– 1 box of roasted red tomato soup (serves 2 to 3)
– add 1.5 tspn of curry powder or masala
– take half a tspn of fennel seeds and 2 to 3 cloves – grind into powder form and add to soup
– add parsley – finely chopped
– add green onion – finely chopped
– quarter cup cream or to taste
– stir and cook for 10 minutes or simmer for 15 minutes
– add cooked chicken -cubed or shredded or pour over chicken breast and bake at 450 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes.
– serve with cooked rice and naan bread
I added vegetable flavoured crackers and tofu for a vegetarian dish. Recommend adding veggies too.
(ingredients can be altered to taste and different spice levels)
All ingredients – soup, spices, veggies and cooked chicken available at Super Valu on 1st Avenue and Commerical Drive – open 24/7
Trying to cut the carbs out of your salads. Love croutons? Here are 2 great healthy alternatives that also taste great and let you keep the crunch in your salads. The crackers crumbled up offer spicy kick and the sprinkles are a great source of essential nutrients your body needs including flu fighting foods like garlic.
The crackers are in store now and we are trying to get the line of natural food energy mix from www.raenergeryfoods.com