Take a tour inside Super Valu and behind the scenes.
-2 chicken breasts cubed
-5 to 10 pieces of chopped
-garlic 1 container of low salt Campbell’s chicken broth
-your fav mix of veggies (steam)
-half teaspoon of curry powder
-teaspoon of thai sauce
-half teaspoon of extra hot, hot sauce
-4 to 5 dashes each of garlics salt, pepper, Italian seasoning or to taste
-cup of elbow or penne pasta
Steam veggies, cook pasta separately. In separate pot, cook chicken with 2 sticks of chopped celery for 20-25 minutes. Combine all ingredients and let cook on medium heat for another 10-20 minutes or simmer for 30-40 minutes – stirring occasionally.
The many spices and handful of garlic combine well and boost up the immune system while waking up the taste buds. Ideal for any common cold.
Perfect for the winter season – this recipe has a perfect blend of garlic, ginger and spices to keep the immune system strong
- boil 3 cups of pasta as per instructions on product label
- chop/cube 1 onion, 4 cloves of garlic, finger of ginger, 2 green and 2 red peppers. Can add other veggies as desired
- mix vegetables together for 15-20 minutes until medium soft
- in larger pot – add 1 jar of your favourite pasta sauce (we used tomatoes and pesto)
- 1 large spoon of pesto
- 2 large spoons of butter chicken paste (spicy)
- add half cup of cream
- mix well and simmer for 10 minutes
- mix veggies into sauce and let sit for 5 minutes, add cooked pasta.
- put the entire mixture into a baking dish
- add cheese to the top – thinly slices or shredded (cheddar or marble)
- 425 for 15-20 minutes to bake until cheese is browned
- Let sit 10 minutes and serve with salad and garlic bread
- add chicken or turkey as needed for a non veg option.
*see picture above for types of products used in this recipe from Super Valu.
*serves 4 to 6
A month of holiday parties, meals and eating to celebrate the Christmas season is upon us.
Finger foods, cookies, creamy dips to desserts – the next event could sure use a change of pace. How does something crispy and refreshing sound?
Inspired by Christmas colors – the pomegranate kale salad delivers a guilt free dose of deliciousness.
- 2 handfuls of kale. Washed and chopped
- half a pomegranate
- quarter lemon squeezed
- Caesar salad dressing (to taste)
- Chicken breast (optional)
- Almonds (optional and to taste)
- Parmesan cheese grated to fine
- Garlic croutons (optional)
- Serves 1 meal or 2 sides
Need ingredients now? Remember Super Valu is open 24/7 at the corner of 1st Avenue & Commercial Drive in Vancouver.
Thank you to everyone who came out to our big 20th Anniversary party.
We gave away $1000s in prizes from gift cards to the best hot spots along Commercial Drive to bikes and in store gift cards. Congratulations to all the winners. We also awarded $250 to our first place winners in the big selfie contest.
Co-owner Darcey Houser and his wife had a great BBQ set up with brisket and maple bacon beans plus coleslaw for eats. We even had one couple stop in the middle of their move and pull over to enjoy a great lunch. Donations were collected for the Empty Stocking Fund too.
Inside the 102.7 FM the Peak was broadcasting live. The prize wheel was spinning all day and allowing customers to win big. Plus we had an espresso machine and great deals on too.
Here are some pictures:
1. Fresh pastries from our bakery department includes a huge selection of breads, cookies, muffins, pies, cakes and more.
3. Ready made salads that are actually fresh because we have an in house deli and a strict rule to keep things fresh. And just because our deli hand makes fresh, delicious ready to eat foods doesn’t mean you pay a huge price. Dressing on the side too. Yes these pictures and prices are from 2015.
Call us at 604-254-1214 and place your order with the deli department.
5. We also have fresh whole or half roasted chicken – no need to cook or BBQ. Just take, pack it the picnic basket and hit your local park or beach for a great day.
7. Snacks – add some great snacks like fresh in house made popcorn or world class chocolates too. We have also have a massive selection of refreshments from fresh pressed juices to flavoured coconut water or this summer’s hit – watermelon juice.
Here’s to the summer and great times outdoors made easy.
Drop by anytime, we are open 24/7. Located at the corner of 1st Ave. & Commercial Drive, Vancouver BC